When two American insurance companies entered into a business alliance, the workers’ union of the bigger company started a non-cooperation agitation to oppose that alliance. While the work was carried on, the atmosphere in the office remained tense. In order to soften hard attitude of confrontation, the company decided to respond with a ‘friendship drive’. The responsibility for easing the tension was entrusted to advertising and public relations specialist Harvey Ball who created ‘keep smiling’ symbol. Taking a cue from this symbol another American genius Scott Fahlman (second photo) created ‘smiley’ in 1981-82 by using various keys of the computer keyboard.
- Who is the inventor of sellotape?
- Who is the inventor of matchstick?
- Who invented stethoscope? How does it work?
- What function does barcode perform? And where is it used?
- Who is the actual inventor of electric light bulb, if not Thomas Edison?
- Is László Bíró the inventor of ballpoint pen? And what gave him the idea of making such a pen?