If the venomous snake bites itself would it die?

All snakes are not poisonous, but it is quite possible for those which accidentally infect themselves with their own venom that they would die. A rattlesnake kept in a zoological laboratory with several others made the mistake of piercing its own skin with its fangs. Although an attempt was made to save its life, death ensued within few hours.
The poisonous fluid is secreted in a gland under and behind the eyes of snake and forces its way through the fangs.

Related posts:

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *